After meeting with the primary care physician (PCP) today, the ankle surgery is on hold. Yesterday they did some blood work on Nick and his potassium levels are two high and his electrolytes are not in balance. So, the doctor is changing his medication slightly and we will do more blood work on Friday and see the the PCP again on Monday. Then we will move from there.
Nick’s chest x-ray was ok, and his blood oxygen level was excellent (99). He was a little anemic (sp?) but his anemia was stable from the last time his blood was tested a few weeks ago and so the doctor felt that with continued good nutrition that that should not be a problem to build up.
So, we will wait in see if the change in medication wil assist Nick in getting things back in balance.